Thursday, December 17, 2009

Books #88, 89 and 90

I'm not quite sure when my numbering got off, but goodreads says I'm on 90 – so it wins.











#88: "Vampire Academy" by Richelle Mead
Hello, new guilty pleasure. It's no secret that I'm a fan of the vampire genre – but this series is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The main character, Rose, is a vampire guardian (aka: bodyguard), and it's about her experiences in finishing school learning to become the best guard possible for her vampire best friend. Rose's trainer quickly becomes her complicated love interest.

#89: "Frostbite" by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #2)
This book is just as good as the first. There is definitely more character development in this book, and you get to learn more about vampire-royalty rules. Plus, there's more Dimitri – so I'm all set. I just wish the book covers didn't suck so much.

#90: "Wifey" by Judy Blume
If I read this book when it came out in the 70s, I know I would have enjoyed it a lot more. Judy Blume has always been edgy for her time, and this book was no different. Sandy is a stay-at-home wife who gets bored one summer while her kids are away at camp. Her husband, Norman, tries to mold her into country club wife, and Sandy struggles with this and a slightly loveless marriage – while having several affairs and many dirty thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment