Friday, March 26, 2010

Design Time: Home Design Handbook

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by “[the nest] Home Design Handbook.” Since it’s basically a book for newlyweds on how to set up the home, there were tons of great tips and pictures.

My favorite part of the book though, was the illustrations. While I know the names of some furniture and styles, that knowledge is minimal – so graphics like those were extremely helpful for me.

Here are some of my favorites:


And for those who weren't in a sorority:


(While I am sure there are some non-sorority types who know how to set a table...if you were in a sorority, you can probably set a formal table in your sleep. Just like you will always remember that the salt and pepper can never be separated, because they are married. Have I talked you out of the benefits of sorority life yet? Awesome).

2 comments:

  1. Ah! How I miss the ARchitecture College building. I think we had every single one of the "famous" chairs somewhere in there. Including a kickass lounge with 4 authentic Barcelona chairs. I loved spending so much time in a building that used their "art" budget for furniture :)

    ReplyDelete